INLECOM provides consultancy services and software applications in collaboration with an international network of partners to:
· Shippers from the manufacturing and retail sectors;
· Freight forwarders and other transport and logistics integrators;
· Transport service providers including carriers and port/ terminal operators (shipping, rail, road, aviation);
· Customs and transport authorities;
· Other stakeholders including investment banks and national institutions.
Since the beginning of 2008 we have initiated a strategic development programme, implemented by INLECOM Systems and CLMS, to establish the STALOS platform enabling transport and logistics stakeholders to exploit more efficiently advantages offered by the digital economy. The STALOS platform can be used with immediacy by connecting STALOS web services and apps to existing systems. The focus is on efficient business networking and automated compliance to customs and transport regulations. The STALOS platform utilises the results from e-Freight, iCargo, e-Maritime initiatives as well as outputs from the EU Security programme.
Operational competitiveness of transport and logistics companies is largely dependent on the way they respond to economic cycles, regulatory requirements and technological advances. Several of these factors may act simultaneously to create a need for improved or changed processes at any moment. We support companies in the transport and logistics sector deal with the challenging market in which they operate by ensuring that:
· business processes deliver optimised operational efficiency and sustainability performance at all times;
· all necessary information to enable decision making is available when needed and at the point of need.
n For shippers the key is to be able to establish and manage efficiently capacity agreements for direct or combined transport services most suited for their purpose
n For freight forwarders the key is to be able to transform requests from shippers to transport plans that utilise effectively available transport resources and to supervise their execution including regulatory formalities
n For carriers particularly ship and truck companies the key is integrated fleet management processes linking different applications and sensors and other information sources for different vehicles.
n For ports and terminal operators the key is collaborative planning of operations between all the key stakeholders responsible for efficiently running transport chains and security and environmental issues.